Next, I grab my receipt and head back to store number one... I snidely tell the clerk, "You were right, the other store had them and I reserved it there.". So now he is pissed and says, "I can't believe they /insertracialepitateusedasaverb/
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Passiveness and Gaming in a single post
Many of you know that I love playing a Massively Multiplayer Online game (MMO) named Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO). Well, they are releasing an expansion pack on Nov 18th (Mines of Moria). Expansion releases are like christmas in the MMO world. You pre-order and get goodies such as in-game items, soundtracks, art-books and another box to place on your shelf. So, I go to the closest Gamestop (5 mins away) to pre-order a few weeks ago. I give them my $10 and ask about the pre-order box and item code. They say they don't have it yet. On assurances that they will get it, I leave my money there and walk out empty handed. Each day, I would return to the store to check to see if they have the pre-order boxes/codes in yet. Each day I would leave them with my $10 and have nothing to show for it. Eventually it became a joke to them, but frustrating to me. So I go in Tuesday and ask and am told, "You should check our other stores, they might have them.". Being passive, I didn't say, "Why should I have to check your other stores? Isn't that your job?". Well, I ended up at our local mall's Gamestop and lo'and'behold...there's the "Mines of Moria" pre-order box and codes. I plop down my $10 to reserve it, had a great conversation with the clerk about LOTRO in as much as he is going to reactivate his account and join me ingame and WALKED OUT WITH MY PRE-ORDER BOX! /happydance.
Next, I grab my receipt and head back to store number one... I snidely tell the clerk, "You were right, the other store had them and I reserved it there.". So now he is pissed and says, "I can't believe they /insertracialepitateusedasaverb/us out of a sale.". Being passive I think to myself, "You do see that I'm black, right? I mean if you would slander another race, there's no telling what you are thinking about me right now. And you know what else? THIS IS YOUR FAULT!". Well, I guess I'll have to passively vote on the experience with my wallet.
Next, I grab my receipt and head back to store number one... I snidely tell the clerk, "You were right, the other store had them and I reserved it there.". So now he is pissed and says, "I can't believe they /insertracialepitateusedasaverb/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They have the boxes with codes, now?
I must get mine tomorrow after work.
Testing to see if I can comment. I bet you can guess who it is, as all of our friends can. :)
Post a Comment