Friday, June 5, 2009

WooHoo!

My company utilizes the concept of Management-By-Objectives (MBO) in calculating end of the year raises. The more of your manager assigned objectives you complete, the more percentage of your raise you get. On percentage based objectives, if you go above and beyond your target percent, you get a percent of the additional percentage above and beyond your initial 100 percent completion percent..if what I just said was clear, you probably mis-understood me..

On the numbers spreadsheet we get every couple of weeks, I've met most of my numbers, but have been behind on one metric for which I had resigned myself to losing out on 20% (yes, TWENTY PERCENT) of my pay increase. Last night, as I lay my head down to sleep, I had an ...

... moment that their CALCULATION WAS ALL WRONG!!! WooHoo! I called my manager and he agreed that the calculation didn't have the necessary bounds to be an accurate representation and now I am 10% over my target percent!

SHOW ME 'DA MONEY!!!