Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loaded Duc

I am finally prepared, able and willing to make a pilgrimage to Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina by motorcycle via the "Broadway Across America", US-70.



If all remains quiet with work (please, please, PLEASE...remain quiet), I hope to begin the journey of my lifetime, to First Flight Airport, at 18:00 on Thursday, May 26th. It is a 17 hour ride to the Atlantic coast. I planning 3 hour, morning and afternoon rides plus the headstart on the first day. That puts me in Sea Level on Sunday. Monday morning, I'll ferry hop 4 hours north from Sea Level NC to Kill Devil Hills. Monday afternoon and Tuesday belong to the Wright Bros and Wednesday belongs to the beach sand. Thursday, I turn west along US-64 until it crosses US-70 for the return trip!


The Duc with panniers, top case, tail bag, fork/swingarm sliders, crash bars, my sweet shark evoline modular hat, motocomm riderlink and ipod (with top gun soundtrack).


Duc Garmin ready to lead me east


Crash bar and radiator guard.


Givi top case with light kit!

No comments: