I got an amazing night's sleep and in my clarity of mind woke this morning contemplating life's mysteries. I've come up with some great conclusions.
Does the soul have fingertips? How might the spirit touch in absence of body?
Does the soul have vision? How might the spirit see without eyes?
Does the soul have voice? How might the spirit communicate without tongue?
Does the soul have ears? How might the spirit feel sound waves in absence of a tympanic membrane?
Does the soul have mind? How might the spirit process these senses?
Our perception of spirit is an after-image of the body, yet if a soul exists, the traditional form of flesh would serve very little functional purpose. Really any shape (such as spherical) would serve little purpose. Which is why I find it hilarious when ghost hunters claim they felt the touch, slap or punch of a hand.
What is the soul? Is it the self-awareness of touch, taste, sight, sound, smell? Why am I self-aware of only one body? What if self-awareness is a trick of the mind to preserve the body? One physical brain, one self-aware body.
Will another brain fool me into being self-aware again? I believe so. I'll be aware as me, as she, perhaps even as it. I'll be self-aware of here, of over there and perhaps even out there. I'll be self-aware of now, of later and perhaps...
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment