Friday, April 17, 2009

Tenthousandaire

At the end of this month, I will have put away $10,000 in cash savings. Thank you, Thank you. I attribute my success to the teachings of Jacob H. And my job. And the job-related expenses.

I have the money split into two savings accounts, one online and the other brick-and-mortar. Which lets me see how badly brick-and-mortar banks treat their customers. I have twice as much money in my brick-and-mortar savings as my online, but the brick-and-mortar savings earned less than six times what the online savings earned. Let's read that again. If I multiplied the interested paid in the brick-and-mortar by 6, it would still be less than that earned by 1/2 of that money in an online savings account. Bye-bye brick-and-mortar.

2 comments:

Jennifer Paulk-McGinley said...

I love my online acct,...now if only I had the money to expand its figure.

But, congrats!

Unknown said...

Have I told you I love you *LOL* Yes im a whore for money *LOL*